Lesson at KECThe lessons program at KEC extends from the very beginner to the advanced show rider. Both children and adults are welcome. We strive to meet individual goals and have numerous lesson horses available to help you gain confidence as you learn. Our instructors teach hunter seat, saddle seat, western, driving and dressage. We attend shows throughout the year from schooling shows to shows at the national and world levels.
We have developed a skill level system for riders as a way to educate riders and parents about the learning process that takes place through lessons and experience. This allows for instructors, riders and parents to be an active part of each individual rider's goals.
1. Lesson students are required to arrive 20-30 minutes before the start of their lesson for grooming and saddling time.
2. Lessons are scheduled on a weekly basis and are billed monthly in advance. Please contact KEC if you cannot make a lesson. Any lessons not cancelled are not eligible for make up.
- Wear long pants or jeans (even in the summer - please, no shorts, as they can cause severe chafing).
- Chaps or jodhpurs are a good idea if you are interested in more than general exercise.
- Boots or shoes with a hard sole and heel are suggested - no sandals or slip-on shoes.
- Gloves are needed in the winter and recommended in the summer.
- If you have long hair, please tie it back (even with helmets).
- Riding helmets are required for all lessons at KEC. We do have many helmets available for your use.